Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cut From the Same Cloth

I just love this picture of my Grandpa's family. I have it framed by our fireplace.
 
 One of the things I love the most about this picture is that my Grandma and Aunt are wearing the same dress from the same material. My Grandma, who taught me how to sew, was an amazing seamstress so I'm guessing she made the dresses.
 
 
My Grandpa's younger sister, my beautiful Aunt Bernie, is to the far right and to her left is my amazing Grandma and Grandpa. His mother is center front-I'm sad I never had the chance to know her.
 
Next to my Great-Grandma is my Grandpa's brother, my Uncle Dean and his wife Lucile, and to the far right is my Aunt Olive and her husband Shorty. I never had the pleausure of meeting Aunt Olive or Uncle Shorty, but I just love their son, Max and his daughter Sharon. In fact, it was Max that took the picture. He is only a couple years younger then Aunt Bernie and is able to share many stories with us.
 
There's such a strong feeling associated with this picture-it just kind of takes me back to that day with them.  Although the only person in this picture that is still with us here on Earth is my Aunt Bernie, I feel my Grandparents' presence daily in spirit and in the values that they instilled within me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment